With the Oscars just around the corner I decided to start testing out some possible appetizer options for the event. As I confessed in another post I am absolutely obsessed with awards season. To the point where you could consider The Oscars as my version of the Superbowl. The important thing for me on this day is that I want all my hors d’oeuvres done and ready to eat at anytime. I don’t want to have to leave my television to miss even one minute of the red carpet show. So I like to serve appetizers that are either able to cook on their own without my watchful eye, like my Crispy Garlic Parmesan Wings or like these skewers that I can make up a head of time and serve them at room temperature. Simply make these up and fear not to leave them out for a while.
- Queso Fresco
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- Cut queso fresco into 1/2″ slices.
- In a skillet melt butter and pan fry queso fresco till golden brown.
- Transfer cheese to a paper towel covered plate to cool.
- Cut the cheese into 1″ pieces.
- Top with a drop of pesto.
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Top the cheese with one strip of the tomato.