I don’t know about you, but when I wake up on Friday all I can think about is the fun weekend ahead. I have decided to make Friday’s appetizer days so everyone can have some great ideas for fun food to make on the weekends.With the Summer heat still going full steam in California I felt the need to stay far far away from my stove and oven. Since it is way too hot to cook something I decided to make my fridge do all the work for today’s recipe. This recipe for a Smoked Salmon Ball is great because you can make it ahead of time, chill it, and serve.
- 1 8oz can of Smoked Salmon (if you can’t find canned smoked salmon you can add 1 teaspoon liquid smoke to this recipe)
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcester Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- 1 cup of chopped Walnuts
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except dill and walnuts. Blend untill smooth.
- Add dill and pulse twice to just mix it in the salmon mixture.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl lined with wax paper and chill for 4 hours.
- Form into a ball and role in the walnuts.
- Serve with sliced zucchini and mushrooms.