Well my Almond Stuffed Olives turned out so tasty, I decided that I should try more. Today I chose to stuff my green olives with a nice firm blue cheese. Simply follow the same instructions as before, but stuff the olives with small slices of blue cheese instead. These are perfect for a drink garnishment or a nice afternoon snack.
- 1 large jar of Queen Olives
- 1 block of firm Blue Cheese
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Poor olive brine in a measuring cup and reserve for later.
- If your olives are stuffed with a pimento remove the pimento using a toothpick.
- Slice blue cheese into small strips that are about 1inch long and 1/4inch wide; depending on the size of your olives.
- Stuff the olive with the blue cheese. Wipe away any excess cheese that sticks out of the olive.
- Put olives back in the jar as you go. Add the occasional garlic clove for extra flavor.
- Poor out half the remaining brine and replace with olive oil. Poor into the jar.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!