I love eggs. They are soooo versatile. This is a very simple recipe that can be used to make deviled eggs or egg salad. I first learned this recipe in middle school cooking class. This was one of those easy recipes that I have a tendency to make and keep in my fridge for week time snacks.
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Yellow Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon for Salt
- a dash of freshly ground pepper….yes this does make a difference
- a dash of paprika (optional)
- Start with 4 hard boiled eggs
- Separate egg white from egg yolk in two different bowls
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika to egg yolks and mash with a fork until smooth
- Use a small ice cream scoop to fill each egg white with the yolk mixture . This will make it look like a full egg yolk. Top with a black olive (optional)
- If you decide to use this recipe to make egg salad I recommend adding two more hard boiled egg whites. Mash egg whites in yolk mixture. Enjoy!