I love mushrooms of all shapes, sizes, and types. My favorite way to serve them is as an appetizer and since this is Friday Funday I felt the need to share this simple recipe that will have your guests begging for more this weekend. For this recipe I used stuffing portabellas because they are more flavorful and meaty than the average white mushroom. You can find these just about anywhere including Trader Joes and Costco. If you want them to be a smaller one-bite horderve than use the extra small button mushrooms.
Stuffing Portabellas (as many as needed for horderves)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Monterey Jack
- 1 can of Artichokes, drained
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 slices Jalapeños (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- pinch of Freshly Ground Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. Feel free to make this ahead of time it will keep for about a week in the fridge.
- Clean mushrooms, remove caps, and scrape out gills with a spoon. Place them on an aluminium lined cookie sheet that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- Spoon in the artichoke dip.
- Top with freshly grated monterey jack cheese.
- Cook them in the broiler on high for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown on top.