I find that sometimes I just crave the ability to pick something up and eat it. I know it sounds like a weird thing to crave, but I do. Living a low carb lifestyle you don’t really have to many options for food on the go that doesn’t involve a fork and knife.
I like to say that I don’t miss bread, I miss the ability to pick up my food. Using lettuce for wraps is great, but sometimes I just need a change. That is where I thought up this recipe. It is great for an appetizer, but I prefer to keep it on hand for a snack or a light lunch.
This is the ultimate protein packed snack with the tuna and egg whites. It is also a great twist on the traditional deviled egg.
Ingredients Tuna Salad:
- 1 7oz can Tuna Fish in Water
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 a Large Pickle
- Hard boiled eggs, with the yolk removed and cut lengthwise
- Combine tuna and mayonnaise in a bowl and mash until smooth
- Dice pickle and add to tuna mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop add mixture to egg white. Enjoy!