Today’s low carb appetizer is a super easy one. When you have people coming over on the weekend at the last-minute, what you want is something that is no muss no fuss and this recipe for marinated mozzarella is definitely that. Antipasto plates are a great low carb appetizer to serve for your guests. I make this recipe using dried herbs because I always have them on hand. If you want to use fresh herbs you just have to double the quantity (1/2 teaspoon dry = 1 teaspoon fresh).
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar in an air tight jar
- Add the spices to the jar. Put the lid on and give it a shake.
- Depending on the size of your bocconcini you may want to cut them in half to be more bite sized.
- Add mozzarella to the jar.
- Put the lid on and shake thoroughly to coat the mozzarella in the herb mixture.
- Put it in the fridge to marinate for at least a couple hours. I like to make them up and keep them around all the time. Being that mozzarella is marinated it will keep forever in your fridge.
- Serve with toothpicks, olives, and pepperoni for a yummy antipasto plate. Enjoy!