Scrambled eggs are a great way to start your morning as a Low Carber, but I have found that many people have a tough time making such a simple morning dish. You see you have to stick to the basics just eggs, cream, and a few spices. Cream in my opinion is a very important ingredient. You can’t under any circumstance substitute cream for water. Your eggs will not be fluffy and not putting anything in your eggs will make your them tough and rubbery tasting. For spices I love to use dill weed in my scrambled eggs. They give the eggs a really yummy buttery taste without the butter. I also love to add cheese to my eggs, but if you add cheese to your eggs make sure to wait to add the cheese until they are almost set. If you add the cheese to early the eggs will separate and leave a weird watery appearance that will not present well or taste good either. My technique with scrambling eggs is to mix the egg, cream and spices in a bowl before putting them in the saute pan as well. When you try to mix everything together in the sauté pan while cooking them at the same time they never turn out right because the whites and the yolks will cook separately. Follow these simple steps and you will always cook perfect fluffy scrambled eggs.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Shredded Jack/Cheddar
- Salt & Pepper
- pinch of Dried Dill Weed
- In a 2 cup measuring cup (I prefer using these because they have a poor spout, but you can use any bowl or cup) add the eggs, cream, and spices.
- Beat until egg whites and yolks are well blended together.
- In a buttered saute pan at medium heat add the egg mixture.
- Begin to stir the eggs when you just see them start to cook around the edges of the pan. But remember to not over stir. Only stir when you see the outer edge start to set again.
- Continue this process until they are almost fully cooked.
- Add the cheese and mix one final time.
- Quickly remove the eggs from the saute pan and serve. Enjoy!