When living a low carb lifestyle steam vegetables get very boring very fast. I am always trying to reinvent new ways to cook vegetables and this is by far one of my favorites. In a previous post a professed my love for french green beans, by claiming them as nature’s pasta, well now I am also turning them into french fries. No slicing or dicing needed for this yummy treat. Just a few ingredients and a super hot oven and you have got a great appetizer or side dish.
- French Green Beans
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- pinch of Pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°f
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and add green beans.
- Drizzle oil, parmesan, and garlic powder over the green beans. Toss the beans in the mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy. I like to mix them up about half way through. Sprinkle with kosher salt when done.
- Serve them with Cajun Aioli (mayonnaise mixed with Cajun seasoning). Enjoy!