Well I just couldn’t make you wait any longer for a recipe with that yummy pesto I made earlier in the week. This is one of those recipes that is so simple that you will probably hear yourself saying “why didn’t I think of that”. If you miss pasta this recipe is the natural replacement for the urge. Let me introduce you to the all natural pasta replacement aka the green bean. I prefer to use french green beans because they are smaller. Now you can have your pesto pasta and not feel guilty.
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- 2 large Chicken Breasts
- French Green Beans
- Place green beans in a small pot with enough water to steam the beans. Cook covered on high.
- At the same time in a sauté pan drizzled with 1 teaspoon of olive oil add cubed chicken and 1 tablespoon of pesto. Cook on a medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and steamed beans at the same time. When the chicken is cooked through the beans will also be done to a “aldente” state.
- Drain off any liquid from the chicken and also drain the beans in a colander.
- Add the beans to the sauté pan with the remaining 1 tablespoon of pesto.
- Quickly mix the chicken, pesto, and beans together over medium heat so that the chicken and beans don’t get over cooked.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan. Enjoy!