Okay it’s official. I’m addicted to olives. I have decided to give up searching them down in the stores and I am just going to make my own. Today I’m starting with green olives stuffed with almonds. I tried these in spain and I just completlely fell in love with these. I simply purchased a large jar of green olives, removed the pit, inserted the almond and marinated them in half brine and half olive oil. I recommend using Marcona Almonds because they are skinless. These yummy olives work as a great appetizer or snack to keep handy in your fridge.
- Poor olive brine in a measuring cup and reserve for later.
- If your olives are stuffed with a pimento remove the pimento using a toothpick. Stuff with an almond.
- Return olives to their jar. Pack tightly to ensure they will all fit again.
- Poor out half the remaining brine and replace with olive oil.
- Mix and poor into the jar.
- Keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.