I love to barbecue, or should I say I love it when my husband barbecues, but right now with moving our place is too packed with boxes to even find my BBQ. So today for this recipe I used my Cuisniart Griddler. By all means feel free to use your BBQ, but I have to tell you that this little Griddler finished this recipe in just five minutes flat! This is a super easy recipe that will dress up any boring grilled chicken breast.
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, pounded flat
- pinch of Salt, Pepper, and Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes, puree
- 2 thin slices of White Cheese, I used Swiss Cheese
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- In a Griddler or BBQ cook chicken breast until almost cooked.
- Top with pesto.
- Spread pesto across the chicken or if using a Griddler simply close the lid.
- Top with cheese.
- Close the lid on your BBQ to melt the cheese. If you use a Griddler like me use a shot glass, or something about the same height, to prop the hot plate above the chicken without touching the cheese. This will help to melt the cheese quicker.
- Serve with sun-dried tomato puree drizzled over the top.