Pesto is one of those staples that every low carb person should have in their fridge. I think I probably cook with pesto at least twice a week. It is a quick way to add flavor to veggies and meat with little to no effort at all. Plus it stays fresh in your fridge forever if stored in an airtight container. I recommend making pesto a day a ahead of time, so the flavors have time to merry together. This recipe is a very traditional version, but feel free to change it up by using spinach instead of basil or walnuts instead of pine nuts as an example. Keep an eye out for future recipes incorporating this pesto recipe, but for now start experimenting on your own.
- 2 cups Fresh Basil (stems removed)
- 2/3 cup Grated Fresh Parmesan
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and puree until it is a well blended paste. Enjoy!