In addition to my last post on Decorating Your Salad I thought I would add one of my favorite salad dressing recipes. I never ever buy pre-made dressings. Salad dressings are so easy to make and they not only are better for you, but they taste amazing. Along with cooking low carb food I also try to cook with minimal ingredients. I find that it enhances the flavors more. This recipe is the epitome of this concept. I promise that once you make this recipe you will never buy blue cheese dressing ever again.
- 1 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Hot Sauce (or as much as you can handle)
- pinch of Salt
- Place 1/2 cup of blue cheese and the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend for 5 seconds until smooth. This is when you should taste the dressing to see if you want to add more hot sauce or not. The hot sauce should add a nice kick to the dressing, but not overpower the blue cheese taste.***It is always important to taste your food while cooking. Never go straight by a recipe because everyone has different taste tolerances.***
- I like my Blue Cheese Dressing to have a nice chunk to it, so I recommend adding the remaining 1/2 cup of blue cheese to the food processor and only pulse 3 times. This will leave the dressing with nice lumps of blue cheese in it.
- Lastly I recommend making this dressing a head of time and chilling it. The blue cheese flavor will be more enhanced this way. Enjoy with your decorated salad!