A restaurant in my area inspired me to create these Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I always use to order these when we went there to eat because I assumed the wraps were Low in Carbs. Little did I know that the main ingredient in the sauce was hoisin sauce that is full of sugar!
This lead me to try to make a mock version of this great dish with a mock hoisin sauce that is Low Carb. I am not really one for making many Asian inspired meals, but I have to admit that I love these wraps. I also love that this dish is a mix of chicken, pine nuts, and tofu.
These are great for lunch or dinner. Your family will love these!
Ingredients Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 bunch Green Onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons Mock Hoisin Sauce (mix together all ingredients listed below and add only 3tbs to this recipe, reserve the rest for a sauce on the side)
- 4 tablespoon Soy sauce,dark
- 2 tablespoon no sugar added Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
- 2 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Sesame seed oil
- 20 drops Hot Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 block Smoked Tofu, diced into small cubes
- 1lb Raw Chicken Tenderloins, diced
- 1 teaspoon Asian Chili Sauce (optional)
- In a large wok (or rounded skillet) add vegetable oil.
- On medium-high heat add green onions and garlic.
- Add chicken and cook through. About 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and pine nuts.
- Add mock hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Serve with plenty butter lettuce leave. Enjoy!