This recipe is kind of a jumbo size to the mushroom appetizer I posted on Friday. I have decided to ditch the pizza dough for a large portobello mushroom. As I have previously stated in my cooking I try to avoid making food to substitute for something I shouldn’t eat and that is why for this recipe I chose to go all natural instead of making soy pizza dough…yuck! A large portobello mushroom is the perfect replacement for pizza dough and it makes such a cute individual pizza. I made this recipe as a simple pepperoni pizza, but please feel free to add more toppings.
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of Pizza Sauce with no sugar added
- 1/4 cup of Pizza Cheese
- as many Low Carb Toppings as you want!
Serving size: 1
- Preheat oven to 350°f
- Clean each mushroom with a damp paper towel, remove the stem, and use a spoon to scrape out the gills.
- Add the pizza sauce to the center of each mushroom.
- Sprinkle half the cheese in the mushroom.
- Top with Pepperoni and/or other toppings of choice.
- And then top with the rest of the Cheese.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Switch to broiler on high to make the cheese bubble and have a nice golden top. This takes about five minutes, but I recommend watching them during this step.