For my first post I was thinking about posting pictures of my design work or my favorite places that I have traveled and then I got hungry and decided to post one of my favorite recipes. I live a low-carb lifestyle. Yes people the word is “lifestyle” not diet. This is a choice I made a few years ago after gaining 40+ pounds. Sure it may not work for everyone, but for the most part it works for me. I have found in my life that I love all things with carbs, but they don’t love me. I end up tired and hungry all the time. For that reason I try to stay away from them, but I am human I cheat here and there. This is one of my favorite recipes and is soooo good that it has fooled most people that it is in fact a “low-carb” cheesecake. I like to call it “semi” guilt free because although it is free of sugar and low in carbs it does contain 5 packages of cream cheese! But you know one of the main reasons I chose to live low carb is because when deciding between cheese and bread I will always choose cheese! This recipe is rich and yummy and I hope you love it as much as I do.
- 5 pkges Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 320°f
- Add cream cheese, Splenda, sour cream and vanilla to a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Beat until smooth.
- In a food processor combine almonds and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spray a 9inch spring form pan with Pam.
- Sprinkle almond mixture on pan. It will stick to all edges that have been sprayed with the Pam.
- Pour in filling and bake for 50 to 55 mins or until set.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!