I never realized how much Italian food I cook for someone living a Low Carb Lifestyle until I started this blog. When I first decided to go Low Carb I figured Italian food was basically out of the question, but I am happily surprised that this is not the case. I do recommend that if you love Italian like myself to try to stick to meat dishes and stay clear of the low carb pasta. It will never taste like real pasta and it will just make you crave the real thing. For that reason I love this recipe for cheese stuffed meatballs. They are so flavor-packed that I promise you that you won’t miss the pasta. Since I stuff them with a nice big cube of mozzarella I use ground turkey instead of beef to try to even out the fat intake in this recipe. I know that technically you can eat as much fat as you want in a Low Carb Lifestyle. I just personally feel it is too heavy for me. I feel that there needs to be a give and take with any diet. Plus I think ground turkey is way under used in the world of cooking. It is just as flavorful as beef, but with a lot less fat. I still make burgers out of beef, but for most other circumstances I choose turkey. Plus anything tastes amazing stuffed with cheese. I hope you enjoy these yummy meatballs.
- 2lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasonings
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 6 1×1 cubes of Mozzarella
- Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400°f.
- In a bowl mix turkey, eggs, parmesan, garlic, and spices.
- Form the meatballs using a large ice cream scoop.
- Insert the mozzarella into the center and then cover with turkey to seal it in.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet drizzled in olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. The recipe makes about 8 large meatballs.
- Heat up your Marinara Sauce and mix in the cream.
- Serve meatballs topped with the creamy marinara sauce. Enjoy!