I know what your thinking. Yet another salad? The fact is I eat a salad for lunch almost every day. It is a great way to eat a well balanced Low Carb meal. But sooner or later you are going to get tired of eating the same old boring salad. Sometimes you just gotta spice things up! A taco salad is the perfect way to do this. You know a taco salad is pretty Low Carb friendly to begin with. You just have to ditch the tortilla strips and the rest of the salad is good to go. Instead of going out for a taco salad try making one at home.
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheddar/Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Black Olives, sliced
- In a saute pan cook ground turkey until cooked through on medium high heat. Stir often to cook the meat and separate it into small pieces. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top and mix with water. Simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Prepare the salad by adding the chopped lettuce to a bowl topped with taco meat, cheese, and olives.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.