I found this recipe for Chicken Curry here. My husband and I love curry, but this recipe is one of our favorites because of the easiness of putting everything in the slow cooker in the morning and coming home to a perfectly prepared meal! My twist on this recipe is serving it with Cauliflower Rice. In my opinion, second to the egg, cauliflower is one of the most diverse natural ingredients. Not only is it high in fiber, but it also low in carbs and much much more flavorful than using white rice. Once you try this rice you may never go back!
Chicken Curry Ingredients:
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 whole Onion, Peeled And Halved
- 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 whole Small Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Quartered
- 1 can (156ml Can) Tomato Paste
- 1 can (about 400ml Can) Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala (Indian Spice Mix)
- 2 whole Dry Red Chili Peppers (optional For Extra Heat)
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
Directions for Curry:
- Place onion, garlic, peppers, tomato paste, coconut milk, and spices in a food processor and puree till smooth.
- Cut chicken into small 1×1 cubes and place in the slow cooker
- Poor curry puree over chicken and lightly stir around chicken cubes
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low
- Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces that would easily fit through the feeder of a food processor
- Using the small grater attachment, feed cauliflower through the food processor
- Place grated cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes.